Thursday, June 5, 2008

And My Ice Scraper/Brush Is Where?????

Put away the capris and short-sleeved top for the day - we're back to winter in the mountains!

We woke up to thunder and lightning this morning - no sun streaming in through the windows. And when you WAKE UP to this type of morning, you know it's going to be one doozy (is that a word?) of a storm! Most of our storms come in mid to late afternoon - it storms, rains, hails and then the sun comes out - that's a typical day in the summer.

As I came downstairs for breakfast, the hail started - and it got heavier and heavier - not huge hail, just the small stuff! And before we knew it, the ground was completely white and it turned to snow! By the time I was ready to leave for work, we had at least 3" on the ground, Glenn had the truck stuck in the wet, slippery stuff, and it was still coming down like crazy! I got pretty wet just getting to the car that Glenn had to back down for me, as there was no way to turn around with the truck in the way!

I got on the main gravel road and it was DEEP and SLICK!! As I turned the corner, there was a truck backing down the hill as it couldn't even make it up! So when I stopped to get the paper ( I was already pretty wet so it didn't matter much now), I dug out the ice scraper/brush that luckily I had not taken out of the car, and tried to push the heavy, wet stuff off the hood - I had visions of it flying back on the windshield as I was driving but I needn't have worried - it was too heavy to go anywhere!!

The county guys must have been caught off guard with the storm as they didn't have the snowplows out yet and the highway was treacherous and slick! But once I got into Woodland Park, it had turned strictly to rain and there was no snow to be seen. I think Florissant and Divide got hit the hardest!!

And just for the record, it was 31 degrees when I left the house this morning!

2 comments:

Jackson said...

Hey Becky, I talked to a friend in Divide this morning, and they woke up to snow!

Jackson said...

Hey Becky, I talked to a friend in Divide this morning and they got snow to wake up to! -Nancy