Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just A Glimpse

A lot of times when we vacation, we won't stay at the "normal" type of hotel that most people do - we opt for the unusual - a cabana on the beach, a house that is open to the elements (only partial walls and no windows) or a rental home! And I find that 1/2 the fun is finding these places on the internet! I'm a whiz when it comes to finding the "exotic and unusual".

I probably should have become a realtor since I enjoy looking at homes so much - so I quench my thirst in this area by watching "House Hunters" on HGTV. Which home will the buyer pick - house #1, house #2 or house #3 - I do have to say that the majority of the time, I choose the right one!

I discovered "International House Hunters" last fall and in the last 3 weeks, have become totally addicted to this show! Since we have DVR, I tape all the shows and almost every evening that I'm home will find me watching at least 1 episode! Gosh, I get to pretend that I'm travelling to Puerta Vallarta, Paris, London, Canada, St. Marten Island, Aruba, Jamacia - and the best part is I get to glimpse into the homes that the buyers are looking at!

The program usually shows the type of house the buyers are currently living in and what type of house they are looking for - and of course the fun begins when they go to their new location in the world and start looking! It's cheap fun - and soon I should be an expert in this field! Maybe I'll start a new career - the "travelling realtor"!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Jay and I watch those shows too - we are always amazed at the money these people have to put into a second home! Guess we got into the wrong businesses?!? We will have you do our research next time we want to travel!

ahh bear said...

We used to watch House Hunters too! Sam was really good at guessing but I wasn't as good b/c I always picked the house that I would want out of the 3.