Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My DREAM Bathroom

Most bathrooms are NOT very exciting - ours is probably no exception! But when you've been waiting OVER a year for it to be finished, it gets VERY exciting in my book!!

Glenn has been working on one project or another ever since we moved into the house in Nov. of 2007! I'm proud to say he has crossed off line after line of the "list" that has been hanging on the frig! In fact, the only major thing he had left to do was to finish our master bath and put a door on the closet upstairs!


The last couple of days Glenn has tackled the bathroom! There really wasn't a lot left to do except to finish some tiling on the shower, do some more texturing on the walls (messy, messy) and of course PAINT the bathroom - now painting a bathroom doesn't seem like a big project to most people but most people haven't seen our bathroom - one of the walls goes up to the roofline of the house!



I was anxious to get home after work yesterday to see what had been accomplished and boy was I surprised!! All tiling was complete, all texturing was complete and ALL painting was complete!! THANK YOU GLENN - it looks wonderful!!

Glenn is also creative - we have sheetrock that had to be cut around LOTS of logs in the house - as you can imagine, this wasn't easy to do and we have a lot of jagged looking places around the logs that of course need to be covered with some type of trim but how do you cut wood trim to fit around a round log???? Glenn had the perfect solution - he put heavy dark brown rope around the logs in the bathroom and in between them! (See the first pic) It looks GREAT and goes well with my palm tree theme!! In fact, I like the rope so well that I've told him he can do it all over the house!
It was FINALLY time to decorate the bathroom and put up the palm tree shower curtain! Decorations are my speciality and I spent the evening doing just that!
I LOVE my completed (except for the new door that has to be put on and wood trim on the floor) bathroom and it was a JOY to get ready this morning!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Such a cool looking bathroom - guess I will ask you for ideas when it comes time for us to redo ours!

DrKeppy said...

Gosh it looks GREAT! You have quite the handyman there!