Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sweet Retreat!

This last weekend was our annual "Sweet Retreat" held at the Embassy Suites! I look forward to this weekend all year long and ALWAYS have a great time, no matter who I go with!

Sweet Retreat is a 2 nights stay where you scrapbook the entire weekend!! It's a blast! Half the fun is packing up all your scrapbooking supplies, leaving work early that day and meeting your roommates at 4:00 check-in time!


Jaime and Jill were my roommates this year - we sure wished Jessi could have joined us too but with a new baby, it just wasn't possible!! And speaking of babies, check out Jill's tummy!! She is starting to show now - how fun!




I've always loved the Embassy Suites - it's just a neat concept with all the rooms "inside"!! And some of my favorite features are:
1) Happy Hour - and it's FREE!!
2) A cooked breakfast - and it's FREE!
3) A wonderful place to walk - you can go round and round and round and round to get your exercise - of course I did this many, many times (not!)
4) Swimming pool and hot tub are available
5) Since there's a frig and a microwave in your suite, you can bring all your own snacks and drinks!


I'm not sure how many scrapbookers were actually there this year but there were a lot of familiar faces! Our consultant, Stacey, always has fun goodie bags for us when we arrive, stickers for every 5 pages you do and a drawing most every hour until every person wins "something". Jaime was first to win followed by Jill and unfortunately I was second to the last to win my prize but it was beautiful stickers for the 4 seasons so just perfect for me!! AND, I won the runner-up big prize of the weekend - a neat ceramic memory box with little pages to write your memories on!


We gobbled down chips and salsa with our drinks (Shirley Temples for Jill!) on Friday night and Jill brought a microwavable spinach dip for Sat. night! YUMMY!

It was a great weekend to be with the girls - not many mothers have the chance to spend a weekend with their daughters who LOVE doing the same thing you do! And we all accomplished so much - I ended up scrapbooking 31 sides!! A record for me!
I'm already looking forward to next year -hoping that Jessi will be able to join us (and wondering if Jill will be there, having a new 6 month old!!) Only time will tell......................

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a wonderful weekend - to be able to spend time with your daughters. Glad it went well.

DrKeppy said...

I'm so glad you all had fun! (Well as much fun as one could have without ME there of course! lol)And way to go on 31 sides done!