Friday, January 16, 2009

The Lonesome Bird Feeder


A couple of weeks ago when we were carrying Glenn's "junk" up to the new garage, I found my bird-feeder! It wasn't lost - it just wasn't where I could find it!

We had problems with this bird feeder at our other house - the bird seed came out WAY too fast and would be almost gone in a day, the deer got into it, the coons got into it, and the bear got into it! The final solution was to hang it from a rope in a tree with one side of the rope looped around a low branch so I could actually lower the feeder when it was time to refill it! It DID work!

I made a trip to Walmart to get some bird seed and Glenn fixed it so the seed didn't come out so fast and it's now sitting on a wooden post of the deck, right where I can see it! The only problem is I haven't seen a bird eat out of it yet! Glenn says to be patient - birds aren't usually out eating at 6:30 in the morning when it's this cold!

I'm impatient! I WANT to see birds at my feeder!

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

Pictures - we need pictures!! We are having a great time watching the squirrels eat out of the feeder you got us! But we have yet to see a bird at the bird feeder.....