Friday, June 5, 2009

Nothing Important!

I haven't written all week and my fingers are itching to type something but there just hasn't been much to write about! I really wanted to get a picture of the completed deck posted but that hasn't happened yet - mainly because I've been busy for the last 3 days after work and when I get home, all I do is collapse!

But today is Friday and that means the weekend is looming in just a few hours! And the most exciting part of the weekend is that I have NO BIG PLANS!!! Yes, to me that's exciting because I just love spending the weekend at home with nothing much planned! I think some time on the deck with the excellent book I'm reading is on the docket, along with some scrapbooking!

Tomorrow is the city-wide garage sale here in Woodland Park - I'm meeting a friend there and we'll go hunting for the bargains!! I always go but have never before actually had a list of things to buy!! This year I have one! I want to get at least one, if not two riding toys for the little boys to ride around on our awesome deck - now they can go the entire length of the front deck, turn the corner and go down the covered porch, and then take a swing around the hot tub!! They'll love it!!

I also decided (after this last weekend having all 4 grandkids there) that I needed an exersaucer for Mackenzie (and the new little one) because unless an actual seat is brought along, I have nothing to put the little ones on and in!!

The next thing on the list I already purchased yesterday from Craigs' List! I had decided that I wanted to get a portable crib - it's a smaller version of a regular crib and it actually folds up pretty flat for storage! I remember my mom had one years and years ago! But they're not easy to find ! So I was looking on Craigs' List and lo and behold there was one in Colorado Springs - I immediately emailed her and told her I wanted it, sight unseen! I made the trip down yesterday after work and the crib is exactly what I was looking for! That made my day!!

The last thing on the list is a new set of fireplace tools for the woodstove - we don't actually need the tools themselves as Glenn has put antler horns on the ends of ours (they're pretty nifty looking!) but the stand where you lean them against is all rusted out and horrible looking! Hopefully there will be one at the sale!

Of course I'm always on the lookout for kids books, books for me and anything else that is cheap and useful! And after the sale, coffee is in order! Weekend - here I come!!

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

Oooh - that sounds like fun! It's always nice to get kids stuff second hand because they go through it so quickly - I love my garage sale finds!

Teri said...

Sounds like a great weekend - hope it turned out wonderful!