Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Is Coming!

I'm still here - I'm still alive!! Even though I had so much of my Christmas list done BEFORE I went on vacation, I can't believe how many things I STILL had to do once I got home!! And throw that list in with 3 different Christmas parties and you'll understand why I'm been busy!
But I'm ALMOST ready - I think I say that every year! Today was cooking and baking day with the un-choir party tonight ( I know, a strange name but all the "old" choir members from the Lutheran church get together once a year at our "old" choir director's house and just have a ball!). Besides making my annual punch for it and a salad and a potato dish, I simmered up some apple cider which I seem to go through at about a bottle a week, and also made 6 loaves of my pumpkin bread! When I talked to Jill this afternoon, she pleadingly asked if I would be bringing it for Christmas so of course I couldn't say no


The presents are all wrapped - many, many less this year as the adults decided to draw names but of course we all buy for the kids - so my list was pretty short, considering! I do miss buying for the girls but I have to be honest in saying I DON'T miss buying for the guys - they're just so much harder it seems!

And of course my Christmas cards were ready to go in the mail when we got back from vacation so that's all taken care of - and I'm enjoying getting cards in the mail - the BEST part of picking up the mail each day!
The peanut butter balls and pecan clusters are all made along with a "new" recipe this year - a cracker mix - I'm not usually into mixes of crackers but my friend gave me some of this last year and it's fantastic!! So I decided to make a batch this year and share with friends and family! Does it make a lot??? ABSOLUTELY - I have given 12 tins away and still have a gallon ziploc bag left along with another huge bowl to take for Christmas day! It's easy as pie but sure takes a LOT of ingredients - like to the tune of 8 boxes of crackers, 2 goldfish bags, 1 bag of pretzels, a huge can of mixed nuts, 2 bags of cheetos, and a box of cheese twigs! You mix it up in a black garbage bag - how fun is that??
Also we were excited to have Robby, Jill and Aleah spend a night with us last weekend and Jessi and Gary and the kids spend a night this weekend with us! It will be interesting this year to have Papa and I pack up and head to Denver for Christmas in lieu of having it here at our house! But we'll all be together and that's what counts!

I'll leave you with a picture of Jill and Aleah from their visit to our place - and post pics of Evan and Mackenzie in my next blog of Christmas on Saturday morning with Jo and Becca!

4 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

What a darling picture of Jill and the baby - and my you have been busy with all the baking and parties etc!!!

Teri said...

I know how you feel - I just can't quite that list finished - so close! Jill and Aleah look great - what fun - I sure miss my little one!

ahh bear said...

What kind of crackers are in the mix??

DrKeppy said...

Love the picture!! MMMm your cracker mix sure IS good!