Saturday, December 12, 2009

Epcot

I think a person could spend a week at Epcot and still not see everything there is to see! We woke up bright and early and headed over on the buses - only we should have worn jeans that day - the wind was whipping around a lot so we donned jackets most of the day!

We all enjoyed "The Land" and "The Sea"! Of course in the land portion, was my favorite ride, Soarin' - and the rides through the greenhouses were amazing! Rayna and Kylan really enjoyed The Little Mermaid presentation and Finding Nemo - I think they were both spellbound during them!

Today our sit-down dinner was at lunchtime instead of in the evening - we had decided months ago we wanted to eat at La Cellier in the Canada Showplace because it got rave reviews! I knew when I went to book 60 days in advance that it would be tough getting a reservation and I was right - even though I was online booking at 5:00am in the morning, I still couldn't get a dinner reservation at this place - so I did the next best thing! I booked a lunch!

The food was fantastic!! I had filet mignon which was served in a wine/mushroom sauce over a bed of rice - their bread was out of this world -and their raspberry/strawberry smoothies hit the spot! When the waitress saw our "Happy Anniversay" pins, I know she would be bringing something cute for our dessert - and she did!! These cute little "mooses" were actually a chocolate mousse covered in sprinkled chocolate - oh my, it was divine!!
I had read ahead of time that Epcot featured a special program for kids called Kidcot and thought Rayna would enjoy doing it! Basically, you purchased a packet that had a passport, sticker stamps for the different countries and a pin to wear to show you were doing "Kidcot". At the first country, you received a mask to decorate which was glued to a stick and a paper cut-out of something that had to do with that particular country! The person sitting at the Kidcot station in each country would stamp your passport, write you a personal note, and attach another cut-out to your mask!
Rayna and I had a ball doing this - Glenn helped out by trying to locate the place in each country - let me say the kidcot stations were not always easy to find!! We felt like we were on The Amazing Race, running to each country to find the Kidcot station, getting the proper paperwork done and then racing to the next one!! We were getting short of time by this time so to us it WAS a race!! Here is a picture of Rayna decorating her mask!

Our first country was Canada - Kylan was sleeping in the stroller so while the rest of them went to watch the presentation "O Canada", I stayed outside with Kylan and listened to a great band!! When Kylan woke up, he had fun looking through the different masks!

Somewhere in one of the other countries, there was another band playing and Kylan decided to start dancing!

We loved walking through the different countries and riding a couple of the rides they offered in Mexico and Norway - after our Kidcot stop in Norway, I had Rayna pose with this creature - I didn't catch his name!

We ate Mexican for dinner that night and planted ourselves against a fence for support to wait for "Illuminations", the evening firework show at 9:30! It was getting nippy by this time and I happened to see a coffee place - so I stood in line for a long time, knowing that the end result would be warm and good!! But of course I knew I had to order decaff at this time of night! When I FINALLY got to the window, I placed my order and walked to the other side to wait for it - that's when I realized I had forgotten to say DECAFF!!! Gosh darn it!! The coffee was great but alas, I let Glenn drink most of it because the thought of no sleep just didn't sound too good!
Again, the fireworks display was fantastic! We were all in awe! So it was another late night as we raced to catch the bus back to the treehouse - luck was with us as we caught the first bus at each stop -the trick was to keep Kylan awake on the bus as we didn't want him falling asleep and then being wide awake when we got home! I think I sang Row, Row, Row Your Boat more than I've ever sang it before................

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm just loving all the pictures!