Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Monday At Magic Kingdom

Morning came WAY too early!! But I set the routine for the week, getting up early to get ready and then starting breakfast so it would be done by the time Brad and Jaime got up! They got the kids ready while I cleaned up breakfast!

Each morning when Rayna got up, she found a card and a gift for her and Kylan from one of the princesses' - also 2 hidden gold coins in their room! It was fun to watch her each morning and she never could quite figure out how the princess got into the treehouse when we locked the door each night - I just kept telling her it was Disney "magic"!! (But I sure enjoyed waking up earlier than her each morning and setting out her gifts!!)

Soon we were off and to the buses for our morning ride to Magic Kingdom!! Cindy and Rene were running a little late that morning too so we took some time to just hang out and look at the castle in the daylight!

And then it was off to the rides!! The kids were excited to climb into the Swiss Family Robinison Treehouse - it's one of my favorite things to do and I always imagine actually LIVING in a treehouse!!
Disney's Phil Harmonic was great - we all donned our 3D glasses and enjoyed the show - the first time Kylan was asleep and we didn't take glasses in for him - and of course he woke up during the show so just borrowed his mom's glasses!! He LOVED the 3D effect!!


Let's see - how many times did we ride It's A Small World???? Enough, that's for sure!! But I do think I see something new each time I ride it!!

We spent the entire day just going from ride to ride, show to show - late afternoon Jaime and Brad went to the Liberty Tree Tavern for their sit-down meal together while Glenn and I took the kids to eat - even though it was fast food, it was great, right down to the cheesecake!! Jaime and Brad had a great meal on their "date" and we enjoyed feeding the kids!


One of the kids' favorite rides was the Buzz Lightyear ride - and I must admit I enjoyed it too!! You sit in a cart that moves through different rooms and you shoot your laser gun at targets!! Of course you're scored and it was fun to see who had the highest at the end of each ride!! Kylan actually cried when we left the ride one time!!


Once again there was an awesome fireworks show!! The kids didn't want to stop and watch them - all they wanted to do was to RIDE, RIDE, RIDE!!! But the adults definitely wanted to watch the fireworks again and we won in the end!!
After one last ride by the kids and Cindy on the teacups, it was time to head for home!! I think the spinning was just a bit much for Cindy!! I know you couldn't PAY me to do that ride!!
Ah, the bed felt good that night...........




1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

Looks like fun fun fun!