Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What I Wouldn't Give............

.....for a cup of hot apple cider for my afternoon break -but all I have is yogurt, cracker mix and a huge plate of beautifully decorated cookies that one of our local body shops brought in (and I've already eaten one of those - after scraping off some of the inch thick frosting!).

Yes, there's hot chocolate and marshmellows in the cupboard - coffee that could be made (but I've already drank my 2 cups this morning) and the ever wonderful ice water but it's SNOWING OUT - I NEED APPLE CIDER!

Actually that's not what I REALLY want - I WANT TO GO HOME! It's been snowing all day and it's beautiful and cold out and it's the holiday season and I'm not busy and the clock is ticking SO SLOW today!

I've been reduced to stripping old files - that's how slow it is!

The holiday music is going strong, as is the heater on my feet - now if this clock would just turn a little bit faster, I could go home and park myself in front of the fireplace and enjoy the Christmas tree lights............

1 comment:

Teri said...

I am so totally with you! I finally started working on my next semesters reports just to keep me busy! Now only 4 hours left!