Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Amazing Gifts

After our fun time at Centennial Park, we headed back to Jaime's for lunch - and then it was present opening time!!
Jessi got the neatest belt - one of those "invisi" or something like that - I don't remember the exact name of it but after I saw it, I immediately ordered one for myself!!
 
Doesn't Aleah look cute in her red, white and blue dress?  She's all smiles getting ready to blow out her candles!!
We got Aleah a set of princess sheets, a decoration for her room and the book Olivia!!  She loves to be read to!

Jill got a pretty necklace from Jessi!

After the girls and Aleah opened their gifts, I stood up and made an announcement.  It was going to be "Christmas In July" for the 4 guys who usually exchange names at Christmas.  We girls got involved this year and decided to get them Broncos tickets!  Boy was that quite the day, trying to book those tickets when they went on sale!!  Jill was on her computer in Ft Collins and I was on my computer at work (praying that no one would walk into the showroom that needed help) and when the appropriate time came, we both clicked the button on the game we wanted.  Luckily Jill's computer is faster than mine as her 4 tickets popped up and mine, no such luck - they were gone...............yep, that's how fast tickets can go!!  So Jill grabbed her credit card and got them booked!!  THANK YOU JILL!!! 

So I printed out cute little coupons from the computer with the info on the game and all 4 guys opened them - Glenn was all smiles - I KNOW they'll love this gift!!

After the kids were put down for naps, it was time for me to open my gift!!  I got a beautiful necklace that would match the top I was wearing that evening!  And then I was handed this..........

Oh  my, the water works started and I could hardly stop crying to read the 60 things and see all of the wonderful pictures that were in this book!!  I was thrilled - Glenn was thrilled - there's just nothing like photos of your family with neat things written about the two of you!!  It was a perfect gift!!

I was SURE I was done opening gifts - but I wasn't!!  The girls handed me a CLUE and I was off on a treasure hunt!!  I used to do this to the girls quite often for gifts and it's always fun to try and figure out the clue and then find the next one!!  I think the first one was the toughest but with a little help, I figured it out!  I raced around the house finding all of the clues and the last one said to sit on the couch and push PLAY!

I couldn't believe my eyes - it was a DVD made by the 3 girls and Robby - and pictures of my  childhood started scrolling past on the screen!!  And then came the video clips!!  In amongst the pictures were family and friends, speaking to ME, wishing me a Happy Birthday and saying the most wonderful things about me.....................it was just too much - the waterworks came again and I think I cried during the entire 60 minute DVD!!

The girls went to SO MUCH WORK putting all of this together for me - I guess they started back in Feb. gathering pictures and emailing friends and family - it was just the most perfect gift and nothing they could have BOUGHT would have been better - this was the ultimate present and something that I can enjoy each and every year when I watch it!!  THANK YOU JAIME, JILL, JESSI AND ROBBY!!

I was emotionally exhausted after crying so much, BUT it was time to shower and get ready for the next birthday adventure - heading to The Melting Pot!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

So glad you enjoyed the video. Your girls were right on top of it. Can't wait to see it.