Monday, July 15, 2013

Pre Birthday Excitement

 It's the day before my 60th birthday - the anticipation of an event is sometimes almost as exciting as the event itself - and the clock moved slowly as I waited impatiently to head to Denver. 

Hugs, kisses and early birthday wishes greeted me as I walked through Jaime's door - and the weekend had begun...................

Just a couple minutes after we got in the door, the phone rang and it was my sister Patty - it was loud and chaotic in the house so Jaime slipped over by the laundry room and handed me the phone so I could hear Patty- I knew she probably called early since she knew the next day was going to be busy!

As we were talking, she said somebody was at her door and to hold on a minute - I could hear her saying, I'm coming, I'm coming to the person at the door and then all of a sudden, there she was!  I was in total shock - and for a split second, it hardly registered that she was even there!!  We laughed and cried and I was so happy to see her!! Robby caught the entire thing on video and it was sure fun to watch it play back!!  Patty and the girls had this planned for quite a while and I didn't have a clue!!

After a fast bite of dinner, it was time for everyone to get dressed - we had hired a professional photographer to take our first ever family pictures!  Getting 15 people (Brad's daughter Ashley was here from Florida) ready and out the door is no easy task!!

We had color coordinated the different families for the pictures - the Smiths wore blue, the Keppys wore yellow, the Savages wore red and Glenn and I wore teal!  I have to admit, the colors looked great together!!

A nearby park was our picture destination for our 6:30pm photo shoot!!  Our photographer Becca was awesome - we went with the entire family first since that was our main objective and then she took the individual family pictures.  The weather held for the first hour - the weather was perfect although a little bit windy at times - and Becca snapped pictures like crazy!!

I wanted a picture of me with the 3 girls and I had noticed Jaime had brought a sack - she said there was a surprise - in fact the whole weekend was full of surprises - and before our picture, she handed each of us a crown or tiara to wear in the picture!!  They were all so pretty!!  Check out our two little princesses wearing a couple of them!


We had just finished up the last of the family shots when we heard a crack of thunder - Becca hurried us over to the open grass area for one last big family shot - all of us holding hands and when she gave us the signal, we were all to run forward.  About that time the rain started and a few of us got pretty wet as we ran for our cars!!

I can't wait to see the pictures - and yes, I will post a few of them when we get the CD!

We spent the rest of the evening munching on chips and crackers before we hit the sack -we had a big day planned for Saturday and I could hardly wait.............................

2 comments:

Teri said...

Such fun! I am so glad your daughters did such a great time planning all of it for you. Can't wait to hear the rest of it.

DrKeppy said...

I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out! Too bad it rained but at least we got an hour in!!