Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pirates Cove

Another day in Denver?????  YES  - it was time to head to Pirates Cove and the whole gang made it except for Robby and Glenn!!
 
I left the house at 6:30am and had a good drive up with flowing traffic all the way EXCEPT about 3 1/2 miles outside of Denver - I crested a hill and it looked like a parking lot!!  Those 3 1/2 miles took me almost 20 minutes - but as soon as I hit E-470 I was good to go!!
 
By this time I was needing a cup of coffee so stopped at Carino's before I even got to Jessi's (it's on the way) and we soon loaded up and headed out!!
 
We were early enough so that we could stand in line - it's always great to be one of the first ones in so you can grab a couple of picnic tables IN THE SHADE!!  Gary raced over and snatched them and we were set!!
 
Here's Jill and Parker in the parking lot!
 
Was it busy?  Absolutely!!  Was it hot?  Absolutely!!

Lunch always seems to be the BEST part of an outing and this day was no exception!!


Ashley and Brad - also in attendance were Brad's mom and grandma!!

Right away when we arrived, a bunch of us went over and did the lazy river - it was pretty calm and not very busy at that time - later on the wait was at least 1/2 hour!!  The kids love this place and there's a lot of spots just made for little ones - I'm sure in a few years, they'll outgrow it and then it will be time to head to Water World!

After so much time in the sun, the shade was a welcome spot!!

We all had packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed eating that before another couple of hours of playtime!!  By 2:00, we were done!  Jill headed home with her kids and I took Jessi and her family out for ice cream - it's always amazing how GOOD ice cream tastes after you've been in the sun!!

I spent the night at Jessi's place - she had dinner already cooking in the crock pot when we got back to her place -  Gary had a ballgame that night and after the kids went to bed, we sat and talked and talked and watched an excellent documentary!!

I'm pleased to say that my nights sleep was one of the best I've had there - mainly because they now have a real bed in their basement bedroom!!  WOW - it is SO nice and of course it's cool down there too so I slept great!!

Coffee was on the agenda early the next morning and we headed out to a few garage sales but didn't even bother getting out of the car - are we getting picky or what????

On the way home I stopped in Colorado Springs and went to the social security office.........but that's another blog.................

1 comment:

Teri said...

So many fun outings! What fun to all be together!