Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Melting Pot and The Stampede

The day wasn't done yet!!  Far from it!!  I definitely needed some cool cucumbers for my red, swollen eyes but a shower had to suffice!!  We had reservations at The Melting Pot for fondue at 5:00 sharp so the adults put on their "dress up" clothes and headed out the door!!  Luckily, Ashley and Rayna were old enough to babysit the kids!
 
Check us out - do we look good or what???
 



The Melting Pot in Denver is housed in an old library that's been renovated - gosh was it a neat building!!  Lots of nooks and crannies and steps - I loved it!!!  Glenn had a dozen red roses waiting for me - how sweet!!!  I also opened his card and gift - a certificate for a woven blanket with our family picture on it!!  I can't wait to order it!!

We had pre ordered our food - I opted for the one that had  2 glasses of wine included and was pleased they had moscato wine!  So Patty and I just ordered a bottle of it so she could enjoy it too!!

The cheese fondue is my 2nd favorite part of the meal - 4 bubbling pots of 4 different types of cheeses - yum - we passed them all around so we could taste each one and I have to admit, I was full by the time the first course was done.................

Next was the salad - and of course it tasted just great too but salad is salad and I didn't eat too much in anticipation of the next course - the meat and fish!!  Take a peek at Glenn's selection!!  It was all SO delicious!!

Yes we wore our crowns!!!  And got lots of compliments from other people when we headed to the restroom!!  Did I forget to mention that we had our OWN PRIVATE ROOM with the neatest looking water displays ever!!  They turned colors - WOW was it fun to watch the bubbles!!  (Check out the necklace the girls gave me that totally matches the top I wore!)

I paced myself during the meat course as I knew what was coming next - my FAVORITE part of the fondue - CHOCOLATE!!!!  Because I was the birthday girl, the waiter gave me my own plate of dipping items!!  The chocolate was divine - caramel with chocolate and pecans, dark chocolate with raspberry sauce, cookies and crème, and s'mores.  I couldn't even finish my plate...................

Patty captured this picture of the 8 of us!  (Some of us traded places so we could enjoy the water display!)

What a great meal - we spent almost 3 hours at this delightful place and I KNOW we will go there again for a special occasion - it was THAT GOOD!!!   We waddled out of there into the pouring rain - yikes - where's the umbrellas when you need them???

And then it was on to The Stampede - a country western dance club!  We all needed to dance off dinner and everyone took a turn on the dance floor!!

We had a great time dancing, even though we were all so full!!  The guys had fun playing foosball and we all enjoyed watching some of the great dancers on the dance floor!!

I'm not sure what time we headed home but after the day we'd had, we were all one tired group of 9!!!  We girls were excited that we could all sleep in a little bit - the guys decided to get up at 4:30 and go fishing - are you kidding??????

1 comment:

Teri said...

Food looks fantastic - what a fun night.