Monday, July 21, 2014

An Artist In the Making

Monday morning we headed to Denver for the counter top installation - Jessi had to work but Gary was there till about 1:00 to help Glenn and they immediately started in!!

The kids and I had a great day together - even though I didn't take any pictures!!  I had decided for Jessi's birthday I would clean her house so the kids and I started upstairs in their rooms and the playroom - pretty much a disaster I would say but they dug right in and we got them done and the rooms vacuumed!!

We took a long break and went swimming at the neighborhood pool - it was nice and hot outside so the water felt great!!  And then it was back to the house to finish up cleaning and have rest time.

Meanwhile, Glenn was diligently working on the counter top, hooking up the faucet, garbage disposal and new dishwasher and doing one heck of a nice job!!  By the time Jessi got home from work, the counter top was in, her house was clean (except for the dining room which was housing all the kitchen supplies) and I had fresh flowers waiting for her!!  The counter tops looked great, even though I didn't take a picture of them!

We ate a quick dinner and after finishing up all the little stuff, we finally headed for home after a long day!!  But Jessi did take one picture - Evan had decided he was going to draw a picture of me with the clothes I had on - and he did one great job!! (and I guess you can see the counter top in the background!!)

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a nice mom to clean! And I love the pic!

DrKeppy said...

Love it! You are the best mom ever - you sure know how to make a birthday girl feel special! :)