Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Day 10 / Valentine's Day

I woke up early so climbed to the roof to see if I could get some cool sunrise pictures - but the sunrise wasn't great although I did take quite a few pictures!

 Another nice relaxing day - if Glenn isn't out fishing, he's doing this!!  (spotting with the binoculars)


 I took a long walk in the afternoon - I've been walking barefoot on the beach ever since we arrived to toughen up the bottoms of my feet!!  But after my afternoon walk, they were pretty sore!!  Some of the sand is more like small gravel in places!

 After sitting in the hot tub with the neighbors, we went out for Valentine's dinner - I wanted shrimp - and we weren't sure if the restaurants were doing just one or two meals or if you could order off the menu!  We stopped at Tia Pablos as we have eaten here before and the gal said yes, you could order off the menu.  They had breaded shrimp but I'm a garlic and butter shrimp person so was disappointed when I saw they didn't have it.  But towards the bottom of the menu they had "brochette" shrimp.  I asked the waitress what that was and she said "squares".  I looked at Glenn and said squares?????  Somehow I just couldn't imagine shrimp in a square!!  But I ordered it anyway and guess what it was - skewers!!!  We laughed and laughed!

 The shrimp was just OK so a little disappointing............oh well!  It's the Valentine's thought that counts!


2 comments:

Teri said...

Happy Valentine's Day - Jay and I were 50 miles apart - oh well!

DrKeppy said...

Lol square shrimp! Hopefully you can find your garlic butter shrimp soon!