Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Day 3 / Fishing

I slept fantastic!!  What a shame the alarm went off at 5:30!!  Glenn was up cooking breakfast before he went fishing so I got in a few more winks till 6:00 and then I had to drive him into town for his fishing expedition with Dave!

The sky was absolutely gorgeous!!  But since it was still pretty dark and just starting to lighten up, I wasn't sure where I could pull off to take a picture so that didn't happen!!  But Glenn caught a nice one on the boat!

 The guys had a fun time fishing and even caught some fish!!  They weren't impressed with their guide at all but still managed to have a good time!

 Meanwhile after taking Glenn to the boat, I came home and stretched, walked the beach, tidied up the casita, cooked some bacon and eggs for breakfast and blogged!!  And then I headed into Dave and Leslie's place on the other side of town - they have a very nice place that backs up to the hilside and I caught this hang glider as we were sitting on their patio!

 The guys got back earlier than expected so we headed out to see if we could find a restaurant to cook the fish - we stopped at La Casita thinking it was a Mexican place but it was actually a Japanese place!  They said they could fix sushi with the bonita fish and then cook the Maui Maui in garlic butter and we said fantastic!!  The guys loved the sushi - 3 platters fixed 3 different ways!!  A LOT of fish!  The tuna was awesome in the garlic sauce and we were literally stuffed when we left!!

 The guys were ready for naps so Glenn and I headed home, only to find the wind had really come up!!  I went to the top of the casita via steps in the back that I discovered and took this shot!  It was so windy I could hardly hold the camera still!

 The kite surfers were out in full force and gosh they're fun to watch!!

 Later on Dave and Leslie came over our way and we stopped at the Hotel Buena Vista for Happy Hour - but the drinks weren't that great..................

 So we headed into Los Barriles and stopped at a place we've never been to - the food was good but the service was really slow................we talked and talked and talked and FINALLY got our food!!

 Another great day spent with friends!


3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Yum!! You are making me hungry!
Fun that papa actually takes pics now!

Jill said...

Looks like another great day!

Teri said...

Can't believe how lovely it looks - bet you are loving it!