Sunday, February 19, 2017

Day 14 / Snow Day (ha ha)

The weather forecast was for cloudy and rainy weather in the afternoon - Glenn decided he wanted to go check out this fishing store that was going out of business so would I like to go for breakfast again?  Of course!!  We ate at El Viejo - delicious pancakes and bacon!

Our friends that we had met the night before (Mike and Reva) had told us to stop at their condo so we could check it out - it was a great place and very quiet, even though there are 14 units in the building.  Their condo was on the 2nd floor so had a great view off their little patio.  On the top floor is a swimming pool!  The condo comes with 3 kayaks, 2 singles and a double so this place is definitely a possibility if we come back and it was a lot cheaper than our place!

So  my "photo of the day" was taken from the rooftop swimming pool at their condo!

It did get darker, cloudier and rainy in the afternoon - Glenn took a nap and I was on the couch reading when I saw a huge splash of water out in the ocean from the corner of my eye!  I raced to the slider and sure enough, it looked like a whale!  I got the binoculars and went out to the patio and watched that whale jump out of the water for 10 minutes - it was awesome!!!

When Glenn got up, we turned on the TV and actually watched a couple of old movies that I had taped!  I figured that there would be some evenings that we might want to watch TV - I had hoped that their Dish would be the same channels as our Dish and that we could watch some of our regular shows - NOT!!  But there was one channel that has old movies on it so I went through and had taped a few just for days like this!

Now all we needed was some popcorn (which I never thought of buying!!!)

5 comments:

Jill said...

I'll take one of those "snow" days any day!

Teri said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Well I finally sat down to look at your blog! What beautiful pictures! Looks like you're having fun. Can't wait to get together after you get home!

Patty Jensen said...

Oh my gosh the pic of the water was just unreal!! And you saw a whale!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ What an awesome time you are having!

DrKeppy said...

Wow that was an amazing view! Wish you could've got a picture of the whale - sooo cool!