Sunday, February 19, 2017

Day 13 / Community Service

This picture was from the night before  - Glenn decided to do NIGHT fishing in the kayak!!  REALLY????  I was a little worried the entire time he was gone as there are basically no street lights on the beach and it's quite dark!  But he taken the little flashlight with him and assured me there would be no problem!  And of course he did just fine - came in soaking wet but he caught a fish - a trigger fish!  That makes excellent cerviche!

 Glenn was waiting patiently for me when I returned from my walk as he was taking me out for breakfast!

 When we were eating breakfast one day, we talked to a gentleman who told us there is a very poor village up towards the mountain and if we had brought down any clothes or could spare any food, that the people would be so grateful!  I immediately remembered passing out bags of beans and rice when I was on the missions trip to Nicaragua so we checked the supermarket for large bags of rice or beans but they only had the small ones.  Luckily our neighbors were heading into Cabo the next day to go to Costco so we sent money with them and this is what they came back with!

 I bagged up the rice and beans and this next week our neighbors and us will deliver  the packages. 

We were invited for dinner that evening to the neighbors, along with 2 other couples.  What a great evening visiting with all of them and hearing about their travels!

3 comments:

Jill said...

What a great thing to do. Can't wait to hear about the delivery!

Patty Jensen said...

Awwww that was so sweet of you guys. I too can't wait to hear more!!

DrKeppy said...

Love that you decided to do that! Anxiously awaiting how it all went!