Friday, February 10, 2017

Day 5 / Our Casita

What a beautiful sunrise this morning!


 I'm enjoying my daily walks in the morning on the beach - sometimes there are a couple of fishermen out there but for the most part, it's just me!

We met Dave and Leslie for breakfast at the Roadrunner Bakery - they have mocha coffee there - certainly not like in the states but its got chocolate in it so I'm not complaining!  And then it was time to say our goodbyes to them - they were sad to leave but also excited to get back as they expect a new grand daughter to be born in the next day or two!

Glenn and I headed to the store for groceries!  It's always interesting shopping in Mexico since I've never learned Spanish!!  But for the most part we always do pretty good!  We were a little disappointed in the fruits available but there were plenty of vegetables to choose from so that was good!  Because the American dollar is worth around 20 pesos, everything is REALLY a bargain!  We stocked up on everything we thought we would need and when I got home and looked over the bill, I was surprised to see that the most expensive item we purchased was cheese slices - the package of 10 wrapped slices was $6.00!!  Amazing since everything else seemed to be quite cheap!!

The rest of the day was heavenly.....................reading for me, fishing for Glenn (until it gets too windy and then he comes in!)  Here is a picture of the casa and the casita, owned by the same guy.  The casa is a 2 bedroom larger home - we're staying in the casita which is pretty small but all we need!  We each have our own patio but we are welcome to use the hot tub in the large patio!

 Here's our casita - notice the flat roof - there are steps to go up there and it's great to walk up and look around!

 The inside is perfect for the two of us!



I read the day away on my kindle, alternating between inside and outside - at times the wind was so strong that I had to come in!!

Glenn grilled hamburgers for dinner and they were fantastic!!  The ground beef down here is delicious!

And then the not so good news - I got a text from Chase (credit card) that there was a $180 charge from Walmart that day in Colorado - so called them and of course they declined it but had to cancel the card.  I wouldn't have minded our OTHER Chase card to get cancelled but this card has every bill we pay, come out automatically.  It's always a pain to get online or call everyone and change the credit card!  So guess that will be my first project when we get back home!

We took a lovely walk on the beach after dinner - the moon is almost full and it was gorgeous!

Now that we've settled in for the rest of our stay, there probably won't be much to write on a day to day basis!  But I'm planning on doing a "picture of the day" at least (and of course writing if anything exciting happens!)

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

I love reading all your blogs! What a cute place -was hoping to see pictures of it!

Patty Jensen said...

Darn on the credit card! Remember our first trip together and your card?? Lol! Your pics are just stunning! Really enjoying them. I am at Amy's now till Friday and then will head home for a few days. Yes continue with pics even if they are similar ones to the days before!

Jill said...

I was going to text you on Friday and tell you we were enjoying weather in the high 70's! Now if only I had an ocean to go with the weather!