Thursday, July 3, 2008

July

I love the month of July - I was always partial to red, white and blue colors so I love decorating for the 4th of July (yes, I DECORATE my table!) (and every other holiday during the year too). And July is not only my birthday but Jill's and Jessi's too, along with a host of other family and friends!

July is when summer has FINALLY reached the mountains - the wildflowers are starting to bloom, the days are warm (notice I said warm, not hot!) and the nights are cool, the sun doesn't set till after 9:00, the hummingbirds are out, and you can FINALLY plant flowers in your outside pots!

The afternoons are becoming typical mountain days - sunshine in the mornings with clouds rolling in for the afternoon - lots of thunder and lightning and some rain showers (although we're hoping for MORE rain!) And then by late afternoon, the sun is back out and the evenings are sensational!

Glenn and I are leaving after work today to go camping for 3 nights - our first camping trip of the season! To say I'm excited is an understatement! We both love camping in the mountains! We're heading west today with our first night around the Gunnison area and then moving over to the Saguache area - that is where Glenn will hunt in Sept! So he will take his bow and rifle for target practice and will spend his days scouting. I'll take my 3 books and my Swedish weaving. And both of us stay happy! I do hope to do a little bit of walking too but still must be very careful on any uneven ground!

We have started back walking in the mornings now - and that makes me happy! As soon as it gets light enough in the spring to walk in the mornings, I'm out there walking my 2 miles! So it's been a tough spring for me with the broken leg, not being able to do my walking! Glenn and I have started out very slowly - in fact, the first couple of days, our driveway is all I could manage! But we're gradually increasing our treks in the morning and I'm hoping in another month's time that I'll be back to my full 2 miles!

Happy Anniversary wishes go out to Jill and Robby who were married on the 4th, 5 years ago! You can bet their wedding was done in red, white and blue and I had a ball scrapbooking that wedding! Enjoy your holiday weekend - Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Great minds think alike - I just got done blogging a bit about July as well! What a great month!

Jill said...

Hi! Thanks for the "Happy Anniversary!" We had a great day, ate shrimp and crab and drove up to Horsetooth (a reservoir near us)and watched fireworks. How nice of people to set off fireworks on our anniversary!