Monday, March 2, 2009

AGAIN?????

Wasn't it just 3 months ago that I was blogging about Rayna having her appendix taken out?? Well, that crazy little organ has struck again! And this time it was Jessi!

She called Friday morning saying she was not feeling well and may have to go to the ER! Jessi has a VERY high pain tolerance so when she says she is hurting, you KNOW she's hurting!

Sure enough she called late afternoon and was in the ER, awaiting results - and by 7:00 that evening she was diagnosed with appendicits and scheduled for emergency surgery that night!

I threw some clothes together and headed for Denver - went straight to the hospital to let Gary and baby Mackenzie go home since Gary had been up for work since 2:00am that morning and he was totally exhausted! I stayed with Jessi till they took her in for surgery about 10:30 that night and everything went just fine!

Little Evan stayed over at Jaime and Brad's that night and Mackenzie had to take her first bottle since Jessi couldn't nurse for at least 24 hours! Luckily, she took to the bottle just fine!

Jessi was able to come home late Sat. afternoon and was doing well! Jill came down from Ft. Collins that day and her and I helped with kids, laundry, cleaning and making up some meals for the freezer! It was a busy 2 days!! I took baby duty on Sat. night and had Mackenzie sleep with me so I could get up with her during the night for feedings - and by Sunday morning I once again remembered why new moms are SO TIRED!

We're so thankful Jessi is doing well and the surgery went off without a hitch! And we're also wondering who will be next?

2 comments:

Teri said...

Hope you don't have any more of those! WOW! Glad she is doing well and hope you have also recovered!

DrKeppy said...

What would I do without my MOM?! :)