Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy (Belated) Birthday Jaime!

I'm a day late wishing my first born a VERY Happy Birthday! But of course I called her - I didn't miss it entirely!!

Jaime Jo was my firstborn 31 years ago! WOW - she may feel old but how do you think that makes me feel??? When you have children, the "30's" seem SO far away, but in reality you just blink your eyes and the years have fast forwarded!

Being the firstborn has lots of perks - the FIRST to wear all the cute clothes, the FIRST to talk and walk and do all those cute baby things that new parents dote on, the FIRST to be spoiled, the FIRST to climb up on that schoolbus - you get the picture!

Jaime was born a dark-skinned, black-haired little girl - in fact, she looked like an Indian baby!! But her skin soon lightened up and her hair turned a lighter color! Jaime was always a very "strong-willed" child and I remember that just driving in the car from Missouri Valley (where we lived) up to Soldier (where the grandparents lived) was quite the ordeal! I guess she thought she needed to be entertained at ALL times!

But Jaime soon outgrew being that strong willed child when her 2 little sisters came along - then she started giving out the orders - SHE was the boss!

It's hard to believe that my firstborn has been married now for almost 8 years and has 2 children of her own! But she's worked hard - attending many years of school to get that Doctorate of Pharmacy degree - and has a wonderful job to show for it! She's made me SO very proud!

Happy Birthday Jaime - you're not only my firstborn, but one of my best friends!

1 comment:

Teri said...

You are a special mother. What great memories. Hope you will get to spend some time with her to celebrate.