Monday, March 23, 2009

A Weekend To Myself!

I took the weekend off - I didn't do laundry - I didn't clean the house - I didn't visit the grandkids! I decided I needed a weekend for "me" to do whatever I wanted to do!

Friday after work found me at the movies, here in Woodland Park - Glenn had gone fishing for the afternoon/evening and I had wanted to see the movie "Taken" so I went - got my drink and the oh so ever good but fattening popcorn and thoroughly enjoyed the movie! It's certainly not one for kids though - I was on the edge of my seat for an hour!

Because I went to the 4:30 showing, I was home by 6:30 and was EXTREMELY EXCITED to find that our big screen TV had been fixed! Yes, our new TV that we bought just last October quit about 3 weeks ago, right in the middle of my favorite show! I won't go into all the hairy details of TRYING to get it fixed through our warranty with Sony - let's just say I will probably NEVER buy another Sony product again! I plopped myself down in the recliner and proceeded to catch up on my shows!

Sat. and Sun. found me spending a lot of time on the computer but even more time scrapbooking! I REALLY wanted to scrapbook more than I did, but on Sat., I found myself having a hard time relaxing - you know the feeling when you JUST sit down to do something you REALLY want to do, and then your mind starts thinking about all the things you SHOULD be doing so you just can't completely relax??? Yea, that was me!

But I redeemed myself on Sunday after church - I enjoyed every second of scrapbooking and didn't feel a bit guilty!

And now it's back to the normal work week - and yes, I have to go home tonight and do the laundry and start cleaning the house for company this weekend, but that's OK! The weekend was mine!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Glad you got to enjoy your weekend!! I wish I was there scrapbooking with you!

Teri said...

What fun! Amanda took a day off and now you have taken off a whole weekend. HMMMM - maybe I should try something like that!