Sunday, March 29, 2009

Going, Going, Gone.............

I was supposed to have really exciting SNOW pictures to share with you - unfortunately that's NOT the case!! Because all that snow really DID blow into Ks. and there just wasn't all that much around to take pictures of!! I STILL had Friday off though as the wind and blowing snow made the roads pretty hazardous and my wonderful boss said I could stay home!! It was my FIRST snow day of the entire winter!!!

It was pretty exciting to sleep in on a Friday and then when I got up, knowing my house was ALREADY clean so there wasn't a heck of a lot of things that I HAD to do!! So I did what I do best - I scrapbooked!! It was great sitting there in my chair, watching the snow blow around outside and knowing I was all warm and cozy inside the house!


The sun DID peek out about noon though - and being such a devoted employee, I did call my boss and ask him if he wanted me to go into work for the afternoon - he said no and I secretly smiled and shouted HOORAY!!!

Jaime and the kids made it down by early evening - the roads were pretty much cleared by then so it was safe to drive! And we spent a fun evening discussing and researching Disneyworld!! Jaime, Brad and the kids are heading there next Nov. for 7 nights and guess who they're taking along??? That's right - Glenn and I are joining them and we're just as excited as they are!!

Jaime and I met with my travel agent on Sat. morning to discuss all the details and questions - I think we were all on the phone with the Disney rep for at least an hour, trying to get different prices and packages! And after letting the rep know that Brad was retired military, we REALLY got a great deal!! Our plans were to book 2 regular rooms in the Moderate Resort category but because of the great discount, we're now booked in the brand new "Treehouses" at Saratoga Springs that have 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a complete kitchen in them!! We're all pretty excited about that!!

Sunday found us at "Disney On Ice" in Colorado Springs - this year the theme was "Disneyland" - how perfect!! Rayna loved it of course - Kylan, not so much - maybe next year!!
After the performance, Jaime and the kids headed back to Denver and Glenn and I took in a movie - we don't go to the movies very often so I'm always very excited to go - so what a disappointment when I didn't enjoy the movie!! We saw Duplicity with Julia Roberts and Clive Owens - it was so confusing I had no idea what was even going on the first half hour - and it's probably the first show I ever thought about getting up and actually leaving because I almost fell asleep! My advice is - don't see it!!
Here's a cute picture of Kylan who was pretending the banana was a phone!! Grandkid pictures are better than snow pictures any day!!

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

Kylan is so cute with his banana phone! Pierce has the SAME pjs! I love snow days!!!

Teri said...

Sounds like a great vacation - let us know what all you plan and how it goes!