Monday, March 9, 2009

This Is Dedicated To The One I Love

Happy 24th Anniversary to my amazing, wonderful husband! 24 years ago today we were saying our vows and pledging our love to one another!

We've had our ups and we've had our downs, as any marriage does! But what keeps our marriage alive is the word "fun"! Glenn has an amazing sense of humor, always telling a joke or a story, and he's one of those people who always sees the bright side of things!

We laugh a lot together - a whole lot!! And we LOVE to travel together! We may not drive the newest cars around or have stylish clothes to wear every year, but you can bet we don't miss our semi-annual vacations! Glenn has more Mexico stories to tell you than anyone I know!

And I never worry about having to buy something "new" because the old broke down - Glenn can fix it - be it the car, the washer, whatever............ He is extremely gifted when it comes down to common sense and using his hands!

Glenn is the perfect "Papa" to all of his grandkids! He's not afraid to get down on the floor and actually PLAY with them, nor is he afraid of looking stupid when he does silly things to make them laugh! If he's not fishing, hunting, or working on weekends, you can bet he's in Denver, spending quality time with the grandkids!

He puts up with my weekly lists of things for him to do, usually without a grudge! And since he knows I'll be happy when he completes the list, he makes a real effort to get it all done!

My amazing husband also did a fantastic job finishing the inside of our new log home! I never doubted that he could do it, I just had no idea it would turn out so beautiful!

I'm looking forward to the next 24 years with you Glenn - each day is a new adventure -and every day I love you more...................

2 comments:

Teri said...

happy anniversary! Wow - you've put up with each other a long time! We have sure enjoyed spending time with both of you. congrats!

ahh bear said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Your post was so sweet - it made me want to hang out with my sweet husband!