Thursday, March 26, 2009

SNOW DAY!! IT'S THE BLIZZARD OF 2009!

It's almost 2:00 and I am home!! Thankfully!! I said a LOT OF PRAYERS on the way home in this horrible blizzard!! Once again, I waited too long at work - it's really hard to tell how bad the wind is blowing when you're sitting in a cozy cabin working away!! But once you get out on the streets, oh my!!

But now I am safe and sound in my snug home, just planning all the things I get to do today and tomorrow while the blizzard is raging outside!! I already know I won't be going into work tomorrow - the storm is not expected to move out of the area until late morning and it will probably take most of the day to dig out!

The forecast for our area is anywhere between 10 to 20 inches - but the wind is blowing so bad, that I'm not sure if we'll even be able to tell how much we get! Doesn't really matter to me - we need the moisture and as long as Glenn and I are both home safe and sound, it can snow all it wants to!!

Hopefully I'll have some snow pictures to post tomorrow - but then again, maybe the wind will blow all the snow into Kansas and there won't be any!! Right!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

I love snow days! Of course it's not quite as much fun when you already stay at home... :) Wish I could be there to hang out with you!

Teri said...

A day nice and snug at home sounds wonderful. Hope the snow is beautiful and you can just enjoy it. Though I think I am a little partial to seeing my flowers coming up right now rather than seeing white stuff out there!