Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Instead of my usual monologue about our great weekend, I decided to do a Top 10 BEST Things About Easter 2009 Weekend!!

1) Going to church on Easter and shouting out - He Is Risen - He Is Risen Indeed!!

2) Coloring eggs with grandkids Rayna, Kylan and Evan
3) Spending the weekend with FAMILY - my number one priority!

4) Seeing Jill's newly set-up and painted nursery and also their new "granite" kitchen!

5) Eating - and Eating - and Eating.........

6) Laughing with the girls as we sorted through Jill's "Goodwill" boxes, just in case there was something we wanted! Of course, there was!

7) Taking all 4 grandchildren to the church's Easter Egg Hunt

8) Enjoying Mackenize on her 1st Easter, knowing she was the cutest 4 month old in church on Sunday!

9) Attending Good Friday services with Jill on Friday evening.

10) Glenn and I taking all 4 grandkids on a walk around the block!













And is there a list for the 10 Worst Moments During Easter 2009?? Not at all - there is ALWAYS more good than bad but of course there were those few times..........

1) A cloudy, rainy Easter day!

2) Two 2 year olds having meltdowns during a TOO long children's production before the egg hunt at the church.
3) Deviled eggs that for some reason didn't taste great this year (same recipe - wonder if the eggs were different???)

4) One 2 year old that kept the rest of us awake on Sat. night

5) Driving home on Sunday in rain and slush and snow!!

One of my favorite moments of the weekend: we were walking into church as fast as we could as it was COLD and of course we had our skimpy cute little outfits on - we also had to park a LONG ways away! Anyway, Jessi and I were holding onto Evan's hand and kept trying to make him say Happy Easter - he wouldn't - we tried and tried - then we walk up to the first greeter outside the church and Evan promptly says, HAPPY EASTER!! Clear as a bell - our hearts melted!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. So glad you got to spend it with your family!

ahh bear said...

Hi Becky!! I love your lists!!! The kids are adorable and you colored so many eggs - I'm jealous! I always want to color a million of them!

Oh - there's no need to change your picture size - I just wanted to do it as I work more & more on my photography but it is easy if you want me to walk you through it sometime. Basically when you are writing a post, you're doing it in "compose" mode and right next to that is a tab that says "edit html" - if you clicked on that after only uploading one photo - you'd see what I was writing about in the blog.

It's actually a pain to change a LOT of photos (that 19 photos post took FOREVER) but I really like it for the posts with just a few photos.

DrKeppy said...

We did have fun! Your pictures turned out good! We'll see if Jill wants us next year...!!