Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Here, Fishy Fishy!

I didn't see a lot of Glenn during the day - he was up at the crack of dawn to go fishing - and he spent hours and hours on the boat doing JUST that!! I've always admired how much patience Glenn has, especially when he's fishing - he can fish forever without even getting a bite and yet he still continues doing it! He's extremely passionate about the sport!

So his typical day would be to get up about 5:30 and fish till about 9:00 - come in and we'd fix some breakfast and then he would be back at it till about 1:00 - naptime - back out to fish awhile and then in to grill dinner about 6:00 - and maybe fishing in the evening!

But he did catch a lot of fish - crappie - (pronounced like croppie) and the limit in Ks. was 50 a day!! 50 of those critters!! He had to settle for bringing a total of about 30 of them home! And we ate the first batch for dinner tonight - delicious!


When we were driving around looking for a camping spot, I noticed they had a nature trail - so bright and early on Sat. morning I decided to check it out! It was actually done by the local boy scouts which I found kind of neat and the pathway was actually hard-surfaced so it was great to walk on! All along the trail there were signs you could stop and read about the local wildlife and plants so it was interesting! The trail was probably about 3/4 to a mile long so I enjoyed getting my exercise and then walking back to the campsite! Here's a picture of part of the trail which ran along the end of the lake

I spent my days reading and reading and reading - actually I brought 4 books to read, along with the one I was already reading! And Sunday I panicked because I thought I was going to run out of books to read - but I didn't - I finished the last one about an hour before we left on Monday! Even though this is Glenn sitting in the chair, it's the view I had daily!


When I wasn't reading, I was working on my Swedish Weaving - I only had 14 rows left on the blanket but they were the long rows and take almost an hour apiece to do! So I would do some weaving in the morning and again in the afternoon, inbetween all of the reading!

I had a nice view of the lake so I'd prop my chair under the shelter if I didn't want to be in the sun and it was enjoyable just watching the boats and jet skis go by too! The Kansas weather was marvelous every day - lots of sunshine and just enough of a breeze to keep you cool! I took a couple of evening pictures which I thought were kind of cool - the lake had all kinds of trees sticking out of it and it looked really eerie in the evenings!

Of course one night we had a fire so I could roast marshmellows - I grabbed the bag and brought it outside, opened it and couldn't believe my eyes!! The company had shrunk the marshmellows!! Instead of nice, fat, fluffy marshmellows, I had a cross between a miniature and a regular one!! They looked absolutely hideous on the end of the sticks so we put 2 on a time but still............ Make sure you check the SIZE of your next marshmellows before you buy them!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I just can't imagine sitting and relaxing for 4 days! How wonderful! Looks like a great spot - glad you had good weather!

DrKeppy said...

Glad you made it official by roasting marshmallows but how strange that they make "Medium" size ones now! Guess you'll have to make rice krispie bars!