Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I was once again made to feel so very special on Mother's Day by the best 3 daughters in the world! Jaime, Jill and Jessi all made Mother's Day 2009 another wonderful day to be put in the memory book! And to be surrounded by all 4 grandkids made the weekend even extra special!
It just goes to show that you don't have to do anything extraordinary or out of this world to make a weekend memorable because we did nothing of the sort! We basically spent the weekend at Jaime's house and enjoyed every minute just being together!

Because of everyone's working schedule AND the kids, we decided it would just be easier to make our meals at Jaime's so Jessi made an awesome lasagna for dinner on Sat. night and Jaime made wonderful spicy shrimp linguine for lunch on Sunday! Jill filled in all the "extras" and I hand-dipped strawberries in chocolate for our snacks on Sat. night!

We decided that after Jaime got off work on Sat. night, us 5 girls (Rayna included) would watch a chick flick after the little ones were put down for the night and that's exactly what we did! "Bride Wars" was the chosen movie and we ate chocolate strawberries till we couldn't eat any more - but of course there was room for strawberry/rhubarb dessert!

Sunday morning found Brad and Glenn cooking breakfast for us "honored" moms of the day (and the mom-to-be!) And then it was off to Caribou Coffee for "girl talk"!


Before we watched our next movie, "Marley and Me" (with no dry eyes I might add), I opened my gifts from the girls! WOW - a gift certificate from Jaime (one of those "pick it yourself" ones so I can choose from a whole list of stores or restaurants), super cute summer knick-knacks in wild colors to set on my 3 tiered stand from Jill (they're already sitting on the shelf and they all fit perfectly!! I just need to put a pic in the frame!) and from Jessi, something I had NO idea you could even do, a hardback book of all of my blogs and pictures from when I started, May of 2008 through March of 2009! Gosh, I felt like I had been published!! Below is an absolutely horrible picture of me but it shows the book that she had made!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU GIRLS!!! You are ALL so very special to me!
Of course I must attach a couple pictures of the kiddos - Kylan and Evan had just gotten out of the bathtub and looked so cute playing in the crib together - and Rayna had went to a birthday party where they had a balloon maker and a face painter!



Now how did I get through the weekend without a single picture of Mackenzie by herself? I guess it was because I was holding her most of the time ........... Only a couple more months and she won't be the baby in the family any longer - and then we'll have one more "mom" to celebrate with us on our special day!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

It was a great weekend :) I wonder why your pictures won't post? Call me tonight and maybe we can figure it out!

Teri said...

wonderful wonderful wonderful! What else can I say?