Thursday, May 21, 2009

Its' Been ONE WHOLE YEAR!

Can you believe it?? On Sat., May 23rd, I will have been blogging for an entire year! I started last year on Memorial Day Weekend - and since I will be gone this weekend, I decided to do an "early" blog to celebrate my one year anniversary!

I have SO enjoyed writing and posting pictures - and I REALLY enjoy my book of blogs that Jessi had printed for my Mother's Day gift! It's adorning my coffee table and just fun to pick up and randomly read!

As I talked to Jessi this morning, we were reminiscing about LAST Memorial Day Weekend - while the guys all went fishing up in Wyoming and not only got rained on but about froze to death, we girls were enjoying all kinds of yummy food, shopping, garage saling and watching movies, all in the comfort of Jaime's home!

But since I don't have a broken leg this year, Glenn and I are camping! I'm taking Friday off to have a 4 day weekend! And I'm SO EXCITED to go camping, even if it's not in the mountains!

Glenn always picks where we go on our first camping trip because it's the BEST fishing for walleye and crappies (I THINK that's how you spell it) and this year we are heading to Kansas - yes, KANSAS - to Cedar Bluff Lake. It's about a 5 hour drive from here so we're getting up about 4:00am and heading out tomorrow morning!

The camper is cleaned and will be packed tonight - the boat is ready to go - and my stack of books are ready to be read! 4 whole days of reading and swedish weaving - I can hardly wait!

So while you are enjoying your weekend, just picture me in my lounger lawn chair, raspberry tea and goldfish crackers by my side, sunning myself in the Kansas sun, reading away..............

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

Congratulations! I always enjoy reading your posts and keeping connected! I had to giggle when I thought of you eating Goldfish crackers because that's what we eat around here too!! Have a great long weekend!

DrKeppy said...

Hooray for one year!! I do love reading your blog! And I wish I was camping with you - I miss those good ol days!!

Teri said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend - hope it was great! And congrats on one year - I love keeping up with you and your family through the blog!