Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm A Hard Workin' Man!

You're probably thinking that all we do around this place is work! Well, you're right! We're trying to get all of our projects done before summer really arrives so we can do some serious camping this year!

I posted pictures of our new deck a few weeks ago - and now it's time for the railing! Glenn decided he better get the one side put up before Evan and Kylan arrive in a couple of weeks! Cause it's a steep fall if one of them decides to walk too close to the edge!


Glenn had the small posts left over from doing the deck last year, but he didn't have the long poles - a simple solution for him - get a wood cutting permit, cut down some straight trees, shave the bark off and presto - poles!! Then there's cutting all those notches to fit the small poles into - not an easy task!

So he's been hard at work all day building the railing - I, on the other hand, have also been busy all day washing windows! Glenn did get the upper windows washed on the outside and I did the rest of the house so our windows are all sparkling clean! And it was so nice out today that I left the door open - and that wasn't smart - I forgot the flies were out! So then I had flies in all of my nice, clean windows! Luckily the vaccum sucks them up quite nice and those that didn't have the pleasure of mingling with the dust in the vaccum, were swatted at and promptly put in the wastebasket! How dare they make marks on my clean windows!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Oh you guys are always so ambitious - I am impressed! Maybe someday I'll inherit your cleaning drive...

Teri said...

I love the railing - that will be so nice when you get done! The weather looks great out there. We had some sunshine so I got a few plants planted and my peas and green bean seeds. Now I can just wait and watch for them to sprout!