Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What's Wrong With This Picture?

As I pulled onto the gravel road going home last night, I could see in the distance there was a rider on a horse with a rope in the person's hand, connected to a colt a little ways behind - I'm assuming the rider was teaching the colt to follow - I'm not a horse person so know little about these things.

Anyway, as soon as I saw that image, my mind relaxed and took me back to a time when riding horses was the ONLY way to get place to place - that tranquil, western setting, far away from today's technology and fast pace of transportation. What a pretty sight seeing that beautiful horse and as I got closer, I could tell it was a woman, dressed to the hilt in her western wear and cowboy hat - what a great thing to do in the late afternoon - riding in the hills where we live!

As I got closer though and moved to the other side of the road so as not to scare the colt, I took another closer look at the rider - AWWWWWWWWW -the image was shattered - the peaceful rider scene was NO longer - the years fast-forwarded to the present - my mind snapped back to reality.

And what was wrong with the picture - the rider was talking on her cell phone...................

1 comment:

Teri said...

We just can't get away from technology! I guess that is one reason we have always enjoyed going to Isle Royale - our cell phones don't work out there :)