Wednesday, May 13, 2009

You WON'T Catch Me Up There!

Just looking at this picture makes my stomach queasy! I DON'T DO HEIGHTS! Never did, never will! I can say with absolute certainty that you will never read a blog from me with headlines "I Went Bungee Jumping" or "Today Was My Sky-Diving Lesson"! Just climbing up a step-ladder is high enough for me!

Glenn offered to wash my high windows for me in lieu of hiring the window washers! And since he basically has no work to speak of so is free to work around the house, I took him up on it! The ladder you see in the picture is like a huge, huge stepladder, so it's pretty sturdy! But it doesn't reach to the 2 top windows that you can see at the top of the picture - oh no, for those windows, he had to use a regular ladder propped up against the wall, extended to its' fullest height! Now THAT was scarey - and yes, I held the ladder with my hands and put both feet in front of the portion that was propped on the floor so it wouldn't slide!

The insides of the tall windows are done - now it's time to move to the outside but that may be a day or two - the winds have been horrible the past couple of days and high on a ladder in the wind is NOT where I want Glenn to be!

I also have another new item in the house - a light in my pantry! When Glenn was finishing up the house, he asked me if I wanted a light in the pantry and I said no, I really didn't think I would need it - WRONG!! It's dark as heck in there and I have to use a flashlight if it's evening time to find what I need! So I was thrilled when I came home yesterday and there was a light installed in the pantry! It's nice and bright and NO MORE flashlight!

Keep up the great work Glenn - I'm loving it!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

That makes me nervous looking at the picture too! I'm so scared of heights!!

Didn't you go on a hot air balloon ride???

Becky Raymond said...

I sure did and LOVED it - BUT, I was inside of something and DID NOT have to climb! It wasn't scarey at all!

Teri said...

I have discovered that heights aren't so bad - I enjoyed painting the house - of course the bucket truck was much more secure than the tall ladder. Glad you are getting all your 'to-do' lists done while he is available!