Friday, September 11, 2009

A FUTURE Project!

Ever since the 2 boys were born, Glenn has been telling me he is going to build them a little fort to play in - fort, clubhouse or whatever you want to call it! He has extra logs from the house so has decided that the bottom part at least will be logs and then wood towards the top! And yes it will even have a loft in it - I asked what for - he told me that the boys would want to sleep out there when they get older - OK - sounds like a plan to me!

So when he knew the date the cement truck was coming, he decided on the place where he was going to build the fort and had it concreted also! The location is just across and to the side of the lower concrete that we just did! I'm sure it will turn out cute as can be - but it's a ways down on the project list so will definitely be next year before it's complete!

Of course, you can't pour cement without writing names in the cement. I'm at work the day the concrete is poured and I get a frantic call from Glenn - he can't remember how to spell Mackenzie's name - so I tell him and he says - WOW - I'm not sure I have enough room for that so I suggested just writing Kenzie. Then I get home and walk over to see the names and lo and behold, he's spelled Kenzie wrong!! Luckily, the cement was still pretty wet and he could scrape over it and try it again! The names are a little hard to read from the picture but they say: Rayna, Ned, Evan, Kylan, Kenzie and Aleah! Ned (Nedelle) is Todd's little girl who live in Iowa!


I'm a widow for a week as Glenn left to hunt this morning! He's been packing for a month now (at least it seems like that) and has been freezing ice chunks like crazy!! He filled the HUGE cooler with ice this morning and taped it shut so it will last - the chest was SO heavy, he couldn't even carry it so enlisted my help at 6:00am this morning so he could be on his way! His friend and hunting partner, Bob Jordan from Nevada, will meet him this morning and tomorrow they'll be out at the crack of dawn, trying to find that perfect elk! Good Luck!

5 comments:

ahh bear said...

The fort is such a good idea!!! They are going to LOVE it!

I'm with you - when Sam's gone, I eat cereal a lot! But I like cooking if I can eat something better than that ... at least sometimes!

PS - the granola bars were super easy to make!

Patty Jensen said...

Oh what a neat idea - a fort - the boys (and girls) will love it!!!!

DrKeppy said...

How fun! :) I love the names in the cement although am curious on how he spelled Kenzie the first time!

Becky Raymond said...

He spelled it Kezie!! Forgot the N - you know how men are!!

Teri said...

Can't wait to see what it looks like - will be fun to watch it go up. Enjoy your week alone and do some fun projects!