Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Homeward Bound!

Sunday morning was sleep in day - I fixed a quick breakfast and we were soon out the door - Glenn to fish and me with my camera and book in hand!! It was a nice relaxing morning as I carried my coffee down to the lake and relaxed! Glenn even managed to catch a couple of fish!

We took a late check-out so we could stay as long as possible but all too soon it was time to take the bike back into town and head for home! "Southern Vittles" was our destination for lunch - hand cut fries - delicious - and broasted chicken - yum!!

We took a different way home and stopped at the top of Slumgullion Pass so I could take a picture of San Cristobal Lake - it's a beautiful lake and the 2nd largest man-made lake in Colorado!

We checked out a couple of the campgrounds as we were winding our way along Powderhorn Gulch and I fell in love with the stream that went right through this campground!


Glenn pulled the car over one time to let somebody pass and I just happened to look back at the stream and saw this amazing waterfall! It was pretty close to the campground even so I'll have to put that place on my list of places to camp!


Many places in the road had the solid aspen trees on each side - I just couldn't stop snapping pictures!


The drive home was uneventful, which was fine with me!! We stopped at McDonald's once again - but this time it was for ice cream sundaes and they were great!! Until next year Lake City.....

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Glad it was such a fun trip! Can't wait to see the scrapbook when you do it!

Teri said...

I am so jealous! I want a weekend like that!