Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Since When????

So Monday night after we went out for dinner, I told Glenn I was really hankering (?) for a blizzard - I had saved 1/2 of my dinner for the next day's lunch so still had some room left for dessert! And since W. Pk has closed their DQ, Co. Springs is the closest place!

We found a Dairy Queen - a really unclean, unflattering location - and I hopped out of the car and went in and ordered my favorite (which Glenn chose to copy), a raspberry and banana blizzard! I saw the girl put a scoop of raspberry in each one and then a heaping spoon of this dry powder - at the time I just assumed it was something to make the blizzard. Then she went over to the other counter and I couldn't see her anymore.

She brought the blizzards and I took them to the car and we started driving. At that time, I started stirring mine a little and realized there were NO bananas in there - darn!! After I took my first bite, I realized what the dry powder was - banana flavoring - and there wasn't just a nice little bit of banana flavoring but this extremely overpowering taste that was just downright horrible - you couldn't even taste the raspberries! By this time though we're already on the outskirts of the city so there was no use turning around!

I couldn't even finish my blizzard it was SO bad! Note to self: the next time I order a raspberry/banana blizzard, ask AHEAD of time if a REAL banana will be used - if not, just order the raspberry!

Cutbacks on blizzard fixins' is NOT my idea of a satisfied customer!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

So disappointing! When you don't get to splurge very often and then it is not good - not fun at all!

DrKeppy said...

I cannot believe that!!!! Ohhh I would be sooooo mad! There's some things you just cannot go cheap on.