Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another Project Bites The Dust!

I'm sure you're wondering if our summer project list is EVER going to get done!! Probably not! But another huge project did get to be crossed off the list this week! Glenn and 2 helpers poured the cement under the main deck!

It was SUPPOSED to be a stamped concrete project - but that didn't happen! One of our friends' had the 2 pieces of equipment needed to do the "stamping" - we had picked one of them up on Monday night after we got back from camping and our friend was to bring the other one the day of the concrete pouring - but he couldn't find it - and the truck was scheduled to already come before he let us know so alas, no stamping was done! I was disappointed for a while as I think the stamped concrete looks so nice - but Glenn assured me this would probably be better in the long run since this is the place we stack wood and carry it in to the wood stove - hence, the sweeping will be easier with no grooves in the cement! Ok - I agree - since I will probably do the sweeping!

BEFORE


The other thing Glenn did to the concrete was to add color - luckily he warned me before I came home that it looked a little "orange"!! (the color was supposed to be brown!) So I wasn't totally shocked when I arrived home and saw the color - yes, it is a little orange but of course it was still wet and will get lighter as it dries! It will eventually match the log poles (we hope!)

AFTER


I can see it now - the little boys racing their cars and trucks up and down the cement or riding their little trikes back and forth!
And what's next on the list - look closely at the picture and you'll see the project - putting the cultured stone on the cement blocks! It's done on the 2 sides of the house already - all we need is the backside done! What's really exciting is that the stone is already bought and sitting right by the new cement, just waiting to be put up!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Wow - it looks great!! No we can have dance parties above and below :)

Patty Jensen said...

Looks great - yeah I can just see the boys playing there, the adults dancing there, the animals checking it out - haha - tell Glenn he did GOOD!

Teri said...

wonderful! I even like the color. That will be such a great place for you!