Monday, September 14, 2009

The ISSUE is NO longer an issue!

Remember my blog where I was singin' the bathing suit blues because I only had 1 new swimsuit for our Mexico trip next Feb? Jessi came through for me on this one............

I had emailed her a while back and told her: "If you are TOTALLY bored today and want to get out of the house, go to Kohl's and see if they have ANY swimsuits left and if they do, buy me a size 10 and it MUST not be a bikini!" Apparently she wasn't bored because she never made it to Kohl's - not that they would have had any left at that point anyway!!

But the NIGHT before they're to take off for their Iowa trip - she calls me from Penney's - feeling totally guilty because she never made it to Kohl's but that there are a FEW left at Penneys and she has one all picked out (the type I wanted) and was ready to check out but FIRST just wanted to make sure I wanted it!! So the conversation goes like this:

Jessi - "It's really a cute suit and I know you'll look great in it and it's marked WAY down!"

Me - "Sounds wonderful - by the way, what color is it?"

Jessi - Silence - "Oh, it's orange and pink!"

Me - Silence - "Jessi, you KNOW I can't wear orange or pink - ANY COLOR BUT orange or pink!!" ( I look absolutely hideous in those 2 colors!!)

SO she reluctuntly puts the orange and pink suit back but DOES tell me there is a one-piece black suit that looks really cute and has a little skirt at the bottom, just like what I wanted! I ask her the price and it's in the price range of course (marked way down) and tell her to just buy it!

And this last weekend is the first time I've seen Jessi since she bought the suit for me - it looked darling so I raced up her stairs and tried it on! Fit perfectly - cute as can be - and I actually look good in it as I've lost a few pounds!!

THANKS JESSI! I now have another new suit for our trip and I have YOU to thank for it!!

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

How fun that you got a cute new suit & didn't even have to wade through all of the swimsuits and try them on yourself!!!

DrKeppy said...

You are welcome :) I am always happy to help out the best mom EVER!

Teri said...

Now I feel bad as I don't have a new suit to bring to the Gran Mexico trip!

Becky Raymond said...

Teri - send Emily or Amanda to the store - that way you don't have to try them on!