Monday, September 14, 2009

Getting TOO Big, TOO Fast!

Since Glenn went hunting last weekend, I decided it would be a "grandchild" weekend for me! I headed to Ft. Collins after work on Friday - of course stopping in the Springs to shop a little while first to let the traffic subside! I hadn't been to the Current Outlet store in ages and it's always fun to walk through that place - there is SO much stuff there though that you hardly even know where to look! I picked up a few items and because I had spent $20, got a free gift - not just a sticker page this time or a box of stationary, but a dozen cute pencils with a fanny pack! The fanny pack ended up being quite nice after I opened it up - lots of nice pockets and straps, etc. - what a deal!

Unfortunately with the fall season almost upon us, it's getting darker earlier and some of my trip was spent driving in the dark - but it was worth it when I pulled into Jill and Robby's house and got to see Aleah! She is smiling a lot now and it's fun to just lay her on a blanket and talk to her! She's a real cutie!

Check out this swing that Aleah has - it not only goes back and forth but side to side - I had never seen anything like it before!

Saturday it was cool and rainy so we bundled up Aleah and went out to shop - made a stop at Hobby Lobby so I could get some more fall things for the house and then to DSW for a new pair of shoes for me! Cute - Cute - Cute!! I really needed a new pair and this pair was perfect!! We also stopped at Panera Bread for a mango smoothie and chocolate chip cookies - yum!!

I babysat Aleah so Jill and Robby could go out for dinner on Saturday night - they brought me back white raspberry cheesecake - a HUGE piece that I couldn't even finish!! It was fun to see all of them and best of all, I'll get to see them again next weekend when we scrapbook in Denver!
Sunday morning I headed to Denver in the fog - even missed the turnoff to E-470 it was so foggy! After a frantic phone call to Jessi, I figured out where to go........... I stopped at Caribou Coffee and brought it to the house for us to enjoy and had fun playing with Evan and Mackenzie (and seeing her crawl!) before heading over to Jaime's to play with Kylan and Rayna! We all congregated for dinner before I had to head home on Sunday night! A great weekend - a great time - love those grandkids!

2 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

What cute pictures and you had such a nice weekend :)

Teri said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Can't wait to go see my little one!