Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Latest.........

Time to catch up on this blog - here's what's been happening:


1) I'm home sick today - I RARELY take a sick day - I usually just go to work feeling lousy and after dealing with people all day on the phone, go home and collapse and it takes me twice as long to recover! I'm getting wiser though - when my sore throat started Monday night and I struggled to make it through Tuesday, I knew that today I MUST STAY HOME!! The extra sleep and just being in my sweat pants and sweatshirt with a good book in front of the fireplace is EXACTLY what I need to get better!! The FIREPLACE you say???


2) Yes, the fireplace is on along with the wood stove going full blast in the lower level!! IT HAS BEEN SNOWING, YES SNOWING, for 3 days straight!!!! It's not sticking very much as the ground is too warm yet but if you look outside, it's like a blizzard out there as I'm writing this!! We knew this storm was coming in but had NO IDEA it would produce the amount of snow it has and be this cold - yesterday morning was a whooping 20 degrees - get the picture?? Snow and ice all over the deck, beautiful golden aspen trees covered in SNOW, potted plants outside shivering in this cold, and scraping the windshield!! FALL - PLEASE COME BACK!!


3) It was a fun weekend scrapbooking with the girls (amidst sick kiddos!!) and eatings tons of wonderful food!! I decided to scrapbook our last trip which was to Cabo - it was great reliving that adventure as I looked through the pictures and mementos from the trip!! Poor Rayna was sick with a high fever, we're sure it was SOME type of flu, and little Mackenzie wasn't feeling well either - but despite sick kids, we still had a great time!


4) I've been researching a LOT lately on line to book the annual "Gran" trip next February - I'm the official travel agent for the trip as nobody else really wants to do it and I LOVE doing all the research!! We FINALLY decided on the date, the place AND the hotel!! I have a wonderful travel agent in town who I work with and she got us some great deals!! So we are Cozumel bound next Feb., staying at an all-inclusive (adults only) called the Aura! It's all booked now and I can relax and start concentrating on our next trip!


5) Remember when I wrote that we were trying to decide between Minnesota and Zihuatanejo for our October trip?? Well of course the Mexico destination won! We have a house booked for a week in a little town called Toncones, about 30 minutes from Zihuatanejo! We'll rent a car at the airport, pick up some groceries along the way and head to our "home" on the beach at the end of October! This will be our "relaxing" vacation - Glenn will do a LOT of fishing and I'll do a LOT of reading! (And I'll get to wear my 2 new swimsuits!!)

6) Which leads me to the next thought - my diet - yes, I have been VERY faithful the last month watching what I eat and I have dropped 8 lbs! HOORAY!! I would very much like to drop another 5# but if that doesn't happen, so be it!

7) We have been planning all summer for a camping trip to Lake City, one of my favorite spots in the fall to camp! And guess what - it's this weekend - I had asked to take Friday off so we could camp over there for 3 nights. Well, between not feeling well and snow falling for 3 days now, the thought of packing the camper in the snow was just too much for me! So I did the next best thing - I called over to Lake City and reserved a cabin for us to stay in for 2 nights! Instead of leaving Thursday after work, we'll wait till early Friday morning to take off - we'll pack a couple lawn chairs and an ice chest (the cabins have complete kitchens) and I will have camera in hand on this gorgeous drive over......... pictures to follow.........LOTS of pictures!!

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

I can't wait to see pics from all of your trips!

Teri said...

Hope you get feeling better so you can enjoy your weekend - sounds lovely!