Tuesday, January 5, 2010

3 1/2 Day Weekends - Gone But Not Forgotten!

Wasn't it fun to have Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve fall on a Thursday so we all got long weekends? I actually think ( although most people probably wouldn't agree with me) that it would be easier on everyone if we kept this schedule forever!! But then Christmas wouldn't always be celebrated on the 25th and it would be a little silly to celebrate New Year's Eve on the 2nd or 3rd of January, if that's when it fell for a weekend! Oh well...........it was just a thought!

My New Year's Day is typically spent cleaning out the desk and the filing cabinet to get ready for the next year! But I actually spent New Year's Day undecorating the house and redecorating it - an all day affair I might add! But it's always nice to get the house back to "normal". Don't think I didn't get the office done though because I spent over 1/2 a day on Sunday doing that too! The paperwork I throw away from the year is amazing!

Saturday we spent most of the day in Colorado Springs so we DID get a little R and R! We saw the movie "2012" and I loved it - I've always enjoyed disaster movies and the special effects in this one were fantastic! After lunch at Red Robin (the best hamburgers around) we went to Sears and I spent some of my bonus money I received from my boss at Christmas - I purchased a new RED coffeepot and a RED toaster! Mind you, our coffeepot was bought at a flea market and our old toaster was probably a $10 item from Walmart on some Christmas special, many years ago! So we were due for some new appliances!! When I saw my friend's new RED ones, I decided to go that route too and they really brighten up the kitchen!!!

On another note, I have not made any New Year's Resolutions - I'm just doing a list of "Things To Look Forward To In 2010" which hopefully I will get blogged soon..........

1 comment:

Teri said...

Red - how exciting! I still have white or stainless.