Monday, January 11, 2010

Play Dough Fun!

When it's too cold to play outside, just bring out the play dough!! Jaime, Brad, Rayna and Kylan were down for the weekend - we were excited to have Brad come as it had been a long time since he'd been down to our place!

Rayna was really hoping to go sledding - yes, we still have snow but it all seems to have a layer of ice on top of it!! She decided to go anyway - down the sidehill instead of where we sledded before! Wow did she go fast - so fast that Jaime and I were having heart attacks on the deck while watching her, thinking she was going to fly over the edge and land on the road! Luckily she's old enough to stop the sled with her boots..............

I had ordered scrapbooking supplies for Jaime to use when she does our Disneyworld trip and there were lots of little pieces to cut out - so Jaime and I attacked the pile with our scissors while the kids played with play dough! We had gotten Kylan a hamburger making kit that you use with play dough and it looked like so much fun, that I just had to dig in and help!

We made hamburgers with pickles, lettuce and onion along with the cutest, stringiest french fries I've ever seen!! What fun to be a kid again!


Unfortunately, Jaime wasn't feeling well most of the weekend....... let's just hope she didn't pass her bug along to me!!
Sunday the guys went ice fishing for the day while we took the kids to see "The Chipmunks" in Woodland Park - cute movie - of course the best part is the popcorn!
I talked to Jessi on the phone on Sunday and told her I had no idea what new recipe I was going to try for this week - and then after I hung up, realized it WAS Sunday so the new rib recipe I already had in the crockpot would count for this week!! ALL RIGHT!!
Poor Jaime didn't get to taste the ribs but they were fantastic!! (The secrets in the sauce!!) And who knows, I may just dig through my file and make ANOTHER new dish this week!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

You're not going to share your new recipes with reviews of them?!

I can't wait to play with play-doh with Pierce ... he might be getting old enough for it!

DrKeppy said...

Glad you had fun with the play dough :) Too bad Jaime Jo was sick all weekend though! We can't wait to see you this weekend!

Teri said...

Glad you are keeping up with your resolution! A new recipe a week! Wow - I do good if I do one a year. I can't wait to play with play-doh!