Thursday, January 28, 2010

Treasures

How long has it been since you've cleaned out your closets? Since we've lived in our house now for 2 years, I decided it was time to deep clean the house from top to bottom - which includes wiping down the logs - not a job I cherish but they get dusty too!

I decided to start at the top - our bedroom - and my goal is to do one room a month - it surely can't be THAT difficult to accomplish this tiny goal in a month's time - I figure this way I'll have the house completely done by summertime - (those that know me will be thinking, yea right, she'll have the entire house done in 3 months) - and secretly I hope that I do!!

But as you know, we don't stay home a lot on weekends and I have found that when you get home after work and it gets dark within an hour, it's more difficult to get cleaning projects done - I prefer daylight! Hence, the fact it's almost the end of January and I haven't got the bedroom done YET!

I am working on it - I've cleaned the dresser and cedar chest, I've cleaned the 2 nightstands and a couple nights ago, I cleaned out the 2 closets - hence the reason for this blog!

Our one closet (if you can even call it that) is lined up against the roofline with a wall built a few feet out - so the closet is just like a triangle - in fact the part up against the bathroom wall is so angled that I literally have to crawl in - yes, it's quite a sight!

Anyway, as I was crawling to the end of the closet (it's LONG and narrow of course) with flashlight in hand, I discovered things that I had no idea I had put in that closet when we moved in!! 4 Easter baskets????? Give me a break - why the heck were they in there when all the other Easter decorations were in a tub in the storage room? A great find - a table lamp (that I forgot we had) with a swivel arm that I immediately took down and put above our computer so we can actually SEE the computer at night! Another find - an almost empty box but it had rocks and seashells that I use to decorate (it was taken to the storage room also!)

The Goodwill bag got larger and larger with clothes we no longer wear and 2 lampshades that I was saving for what reason?

The bedroom WILL be finished this weekend - and then it will be on to the next room - I can hardly wait to see what I stashed away in the office closet!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Hooray for closet treasures! :) I'm the same way - I much prefer to clean when it is light out. Oh what I wouldn't give for some of your cleaning ambition... :)

ahh bear said...

I'm sooooooooo jealous!!! I want to clean and organize my house in that manner but for two smallish reasons I've been super busy lately!! Maybe soon. I'm especially excited to clean out my closet!

Teri said...

That is also one of my goals but I am farther behind! Since all my weekends have been spent at the "other" house - painting - I have not had a chance to get started. But I will!!!!