Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My First New Recipe of the Year!

My niece Amanda suggested I share the rib recipe I did for Sunday night and review it!! Sounds like a great idea to me so here goes:

Secrets In The Sauce

4 1/2# ribs
1 1/2 t. pepper
2 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
3/4 cup cherry preserves
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove - minced

Put the ribs in a large crockpot - mix the rest and pour over - cook on low for 6 to 8 hours

This recipe is SUPER EASY and the ribs are FANTASTIC!! When my friend first served the ribs, she used baby back ribs - now those aren't usually in my budget so I just used pork country ribs - I have no idea how many pounds the big package was - all I know is that there were 9 ribs that I put in the crockpot!

For the BBQ sauce, if you can find it, use Sweet Baby Ray's, which I can only find in my town in Walmart - and it's cheap!! Also I just bought a cheap bottle of the cherry preserves (which is in the jelly section) and stuck the remainder in the frig for the next batch!

I also didn't use a garlic clove, but the fresh kind that comes in a jar - I put about 2 t. in because we love garlic! The only difference I noticed between the baby back and the country ribs, is that the country ribs have more fat on them, therefore there is quite a bit of juice that accumulates during the cooking - I actually took the lid off the crockpot for the last hour so some of it would evaporate! Because of the ease of making this and the great taste, I give it 5 stars!!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds good! Make some for me?

DrKeppy said...

Looks like a great recipe - hoooray!

ahh bear said...

Yay!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe & rating it for us!!! I hope you do that with all of your new recipes this year!!! I'm adding this one to my "to try" file! BTW - What size of Crock Pot do you have?

Becky Raymond said...

I have no idea what size it is as it's an OLD one I picked up at a garage sale!! It's the type where the pot itself is completely separate from the base - it's long and narrower than a normal one - I use it basically only for ribs as they fit in so nicely and then use my round one for everything else!