Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Smiling Because............

I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP COMPUTER!!! And I'm really excited about it! I can just picture myself carrying it into a coffee place and setting it up and blogging while I'm drinking coffee - WOW - How fun will this be???

One of the MAIN reasons we got one is because our desk computer is old - I mean REALLY old! It's hung in there for many, many years and of course is completely outdated but it still runs just fine - but I knew that sooner or later we would have to get a new one and that's when the thought of a laptop came to mind!

I just didn't think that we could use a laptop at the house because of our internet connections - living out in the country with mountains all around makes it a little challenging for these types of things but we DO have DSL and are extremely happy with it! But I wanted to be able to use the laptop in the lower level where it is nice and cozy warm and where the TV is!! And of course we have no internet connection downstairs - but a phone call to my super hero Robby confirmed that all I needed was a router to be able to use the laptop downstairs! So the last time he was here, he got it all hooked up and was just waiting for a great deal on a laptop for me - and it came - and he ordered me one - and it's arrived and I'm totally thrilled with it!!

I hooked into Jaime and Brad's internet this weekend so I could check it out and was excited to get home last night and try it at our house - but it wasn't to be - although the signal strength is excellent, there's some type of problem with the password (could it be that I've forgotten what Robby set the password at??) and I couldn't reach Robby last night to figure it out!

But we'll get it up and going tonight - and I'll be sitting in the warm family room, blogging away on my new laptop! And next on the list? A carrying case so we can take it on vacation if we so choose!! Glenn is totally excited about watching a movie on the laptop when we fly! Thanks for all your help Robby -(and expect a phone call from me tonight!!)

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

I LOVE blogging from my laptop!!! You're going to love it too!

DrKeppy said...

I can't imagine NOT having a laptop now that I've had one! :) I'm so glad you got one! (and that it's pretty too!)

Teri said...

What fun! I take my work laptop home sometimes to use but it is not the same as your own! Enjoy!