Monday, January 18, 2010

"Take Five"

Our newspaper, The Gazette, publishes a "Food Section" every Wednesday! And I USED TO look forward to Wednesdays' because in that section, they printed a "Take Five" recipe every week - (I say USED TO very grudgingly because they no longer do it)!! The Take Five recipe was a recipe that ONLY included 5 main ingredients - salt, pepper, sugar and flour were not counted - and the recipes of course were extremely easy!! Most of the time the recipe was cut out of the paper and put in my filebox to try someday!

Which leads me to today's blog - my new recipe of the week is just that, a Take Five recipe! I tried it for dinner tonight and Glenn gave it a thumbs up!

Chicken Picante

1 1/2 cups picante sauce
3 T brown sugar
1 T Dijon mustard
4 boneless chicken breasts (sliced into 2 or 3 slices per breast)

Mix together the picante sauce, sugar and mustard in a bowl - place the chicken in a baking dish in a single layer and pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour till chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Another easy recipe and it tasted great!! I only used 3 chicken breasts and there was extra sauce so the next time, I will decrease the picante to 1 cup - I used mild picante sauce and would suggest using that if you're serving it to children - but the sauce is easy to just brush off too, just in case you wanted to use a spicier picante! Throwing baked potatos in the oven made it an easy meal! I gave it 4 stars!

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

I love your new recipe section!!!! Now I just have to start cooking again!

DrKeppy said...

Yummy and easy? I'll have to definitely try it! :)