Thursday, January 14, 2010

Decisions, Decisions..........

Sometimes I have a very hard time making a decision! I think it's because I'm scared of making the WRONG one! And believe me, I've made PLENTY of bad decisons in my lifetime! The only redeeming factor is that you certainly don't make that mistake TWICE!

I'm wrestling with a simple, fun decision right now - whether or now to buy a Wii!! I have the money - courtesy of a bonus from my boss at Christmas! And I always feel that a bonus should be used for something special that "you" want, not just thrown in the checking account to pay for groceries!

But for some reason, I can't bring myself to buy one because of one thing: Will I actually use it??

Yes, Glenn and I both enjoyed playing it at Jaime's and Jessi's house (and if I recall, we actually played it YEARS ago before it was so popular at Teri and Jay's house!!) But what if I buy it (and I would buy the Wii and the Wii Fitness also) and it just sits there in the family room and we never use it? That's what I'm afraid of ..........

Glenn and I are gone so much on weekends that our week nights are usually spent working - getting our weekly chores done along with Glenn many times working out in the shop on a granite job. So by the time that we finally DO sit down, it's usually at least 8:00 or later and by that time, we're tired and only have the energy to watch TV. So would we really get much use out of it??

The flip side of the coin is that if I don't buy a Wii, what would I spend it on? I'm not in want or need of anything right now - but I do know that my next big purchase will probably be a new camera - so maybe I should save the money and eventually put more with it and purchase a new camera - see what I mean???? Decisions, decisions...............

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

We have a Wii and we played it a lot before Pierce was born. Then we were kind of too busy but we always break it out when company comes over - it's a fun game to play - and this Christmas Sam got me Mario & we play that together which is a lot of fun! So even though it was a pricey investment and we don't use it constantly, I still feel like we got our money's worth!

On the other hand - you know me - I'm all about the cameras too!!!

Teri said...

I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. I have thought about getting one, but like you, we are just too busy at night. Would be fun though when company was over. Let us know!