Monday, January 25, 2010

Suite Retreat 2010

It seems impossible that it's already been a year since I wrote about LAST year's Suite Retreat!

But this last weekend was THEE weekend and I eagerly anticipated it! I've got the scrap booking packing down to a science by now - that doesn't mean I take any LESS than the year before but I know how and where to pack all my things!

I met Jaime at the Embassy Suites in Colorado Springs on Friday afternoon and we eagerly checked in and set up in our room! It was a little strange not having either Jill OR Jessi with us this year - and the other main difference is that our consultant was the ONLY one there with her group so it was a lot quieter! Based on our newspapers survey of occupancy in the hotels being at a lower level than last year, I quickly discovered that it was true - not a lot of people!

We always enjoy Happy Hour with snacks and following that, a catered meal from our consultant - and then it's down to scrap booking! Jaime was doing our Disneyworld trip and I was just doing regular photos from the summer!

We set the IPOD base up and would switch out between Jaime's and I's IPOD as we have the same one, but the music was definitely different! I found some songs on her IPOD that I wanted and vice versa - so that was fun!

Let's see, did I eat over the weekend - oh my - cashews, macadamia nuts, pistachios, dried cherries, goldfish, chocolate, shrimp cocktail, apple cider - and the list goes on......... I always enjoy their made to cook breakfasts and this year they had a new juice, guava passion, and it was great!

In between calling Jessi and Jill to let them know how many pages we had gotten done and remind them of how much FUN we were having, we managed to accomplish a lot! I ended up getting 34 pages done and I think Jaime had 16 or so completed (due to the fact she had a lot of sorting pics and memorabilia to do first).

All in all, a great weekend! And already plans for next year's event - our consultant already gave us the date and we discovered that we might be able to get one of the LARGER suites to accompany 4 of us for just a little bit more money - well worth it when you consider the extra space! We also checked out doing a "late" checkout on Sunday and found out it's a good possibility of that also so we're excited about that!


Jaime headed back to Denver - I had about 4 hours to kill as Glenn was already in the area installing granite and we were to go to the next town, Falcon, late afternoon to have dinner with friends! So I went to a movie - The Blind Side - excellent movie to see if you're looking for a good one! I actually got in line for popcorn and soda, knowing just a small of each would be plenty for me - the price for a small popcorn was $5.40 - unbelieveable - a small drink was $3.95 - I chose to walk away at that point - hooray for me - how can they POSSIBLY charge that much?

After the movie, I shopped for a little bit (more scrap booking supplies were in order since I used so many during the weekend) and then met Glenn for our dinner date with friends! It was 10:00 when we rolled into home last night and sure enough, just as expected, the maid hadn't been by to clean the house or do the laundry - so guess what I'll be doing tonight?

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I bet we pay for the same maid b/c mine never shows up either!!

Teri said...

What a great weekend! At least you got one daughter - maybe next year you can have all three again!

DrKeppy said...

You know I wish I could've been there! I'm already looking forward to next year!! Great job doing all those pages - can't wait to see them