Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Coffee and a FREE Pastry!

My boss is a Starbucks fan - me, not at all!! So he is signed up online for specials, coupons and whatever else they email him about!

Yesterday he brought over a sheet of paper and on it was a coupon for a FREE pastry at Starbucks with your purchase of a cup of coffee - before 10:30am! HMMMMM - that was a tough one for me as the pastry sounded fantastic but the coffee - that's another story!

For some reason, I just don't like Starbucks coffee - I have tried it several times but it just never meets my expectations so I just don't go there! In fact, (as Jessi, Jaime and Jill will all attest to) if we're looking for a coffee place and there is a Starbucks, I will suggest that we don't even GET coffee in lieu of getting it at Starbucks - now that's pretty bad!

But at 7:45 this morning, I parked at Starbucks and made my way in to try their coffee ONE MORE TIME and to get my free pastry! The place was packed - it usually is! As I looked at the menu, I decided that maybe my problem is this: I ALWAYS order my signature drink, mocha with a shot of caramel, skinny, whip cream! And maybe if I ordered something different, I wouldn't be able to compare it with my usual drink I get at Caribou and Kilday's - well, I kind of did that - I ordered a caramel mochiata (I know that is spelled wrong) which IS different but yet it's kind of the same - I really should have tried something quite different so that was my mistake!

How did it taste? The first drink out of the cup I almost gagged - sorry, Starbucks fans - but then I realized they had NOT stirred it and after doing that, it was passable! (And no, I didn't have to pay for the coffee either because a friend had given me a Starbucks card with $25 worth of whatever I choose).

On the bright side - I picked out a fantastic looking blueberry sugared muffin that looks AWESOME and break time can't come soon enough!! Hooray for FREE coupons! And Hooray for the simple fact that I can choose to NOT drink Starbucks coffee, but the coffee of my choice!

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

I don't know if I like Starbucks coffee either but I love their iced chai (maybe that's an option for you??). Either way - even if you just spent your giftcard on their scones (love the blueberry & chocolate chip) - it was a great gift from your friend!

DrKeppy said...

Too bad that the Starbucks wasn't a Caribou....that was nice of Gary though! The muffin sure sounds yummy!